Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Installing Java 7 on Ubuntu

I found myself wanting to run a Java applet on Ubuntu, within Windows this was pre-installed and I didn't have to worry about anything.

However, since my install of Java did not exist I had to hunt around on how to install Java, the following steps are what I used:

1. Add a PPA to your repository list

sudo apt-get-repository ppa:webupd8team/java

2. Check that your system is updated

sudo apt-get update

3. Execute the installation

sudo apt-get install oracle-java7-installer

When the installation starts you will be prompted, within the terminal, to accept the license agreement. Once you have accepted the license agreement, the installation will continue and it will take less than a minute to download everything and install Java on your machine.




0 comments:

Post a Comment