Monday, May 31, 2010

UBUNTU 10.04 is out

Well you may have seen that Ubuntu 10.04 is out, with all its great features which the Ubuntu's site doesn't mention that well.

This is something interesting, when you type in Ubuntu in google this is the first image that is presented... interesting.



When ubuntu first came out, several years ago, a friend of mine came over to my place with a stack of CDs and gave me my fist copy, it was being handed out at our UNI. My first impressions of the first Ubuntu, was that it wasn't going to last in a heavily crowded distrib scene of Linux.

I've been pleasantly surprised since then of how many people now use Ubuntu over any other distrib.

I use Ubuntu at home for two reasons: 1) as a server, 2) as a media pc.

I'm firing up VMWARE to check out what the latest version has to offer.

0 comments:

Post a Comment