Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Megavideo Audio out of Sync ?

I noticed that after I got my MacBook Pro that the Megavideo's audio was out of sync, sometimes up to 5-10 seconds. Sometimes, when the lag is only about a couple of seconds you can let it slip by not focusing on an actors lips, but when the lag is greater than a couple of seconds it makes it impossible.

Usually this is due to a codec, on a windows machine it's quite simple, download the latest version of K-Lite codec pack and 9 times out of 10 the problem is solved. If that didn't work then you can get a codec detection program and try and hunt for that codec.

With a Mac, however, it was not as easy to get a codec pack. But, I have done some digging around and I think there is a possible way to solve this on a Mac:

  1. Download and install Perian
  2. Download and install VLC Media Player
By installing both of these, and moving away from the clunky QuickTime player I was able to get my video/audio in sync. 

Hope this helped. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment