Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Samsung Galaxy SIV (S4)

It's not too long now before the Samsung Galaxy S4 is announced with all the new features and bells and whistles. I unfortunately didn't take up the opportunity of getting the S3, why? because was I was tossing and turning over whether to switch over the Windows Phone and to give that a go. Plus, I wasn't a fan of the Touchwiz interface from Samsung, I felt it was abit bloated and the stock android was pretty snappy and looked great. So to kill the time I had purchased the Samsung Galaxy Nexus, loaded with Android 4 - this has to be one of the best phones that I have had in a long time even to the point where I had forgotten about all the other phones.

With the LG Nexus, I decided to stay away - purely because I didn't like LG phones. period.

So with the new Galaxy SIV, the specs that I have been reading about look absolutely amazing :


  • 2 x 4 cores (1 for heavy tasks and 1 low level tasks) - 8 cores!!! My latest upgraded computer has only 4!
  • A massive 4.99inch display with full 1080p
  • 2GB of graphics RAM
  • 13 Megapixel at the back and 2.1 at the front
In other news that I had read today, there is potentially new mechanism for scrolling with your eyes. That is where the phone recognises where your eyes are and then scrolls the page based on where your eyes are looking. You may have seen a similar feature with the S3 where they touted that it knows when you have fallen a sleep, and also knows when you are looking at the screen to maintain the brightness (I think they called it smart stay). I think this might be a gimmick, or people may not have realised that smart stay was actually working - since I have never heard any one rave on about this feature. Regardless it is still a cool feature to have. 

What I would like to see from Samsung as part of the S4 are:
  • Better battery life
  • Usage of curved OLED, i hope this phone has this feature
  • Key Lime PIE!!!!
  • Faster turn around of Android updates, I know that the carriers play a part in it but really they blame samsung for not providing x, y, and z. Getting very tiresome. 
  • Wireless Charging - Nokia has it, Samsung should do too

0 comments:

Post a Comment