Monday, October 11, 2010

I F*CKING HATE ITUNES!

Apple may have the iPod, and the iPhone but what they don't have a decent product to synchronise the music/videos/etc.. to these devices.

You may have seen my earlier posts on how much I hated iTunes, and on the Windows platform I have found a decent alternative called Media Monkey. But, on a Mac I don't have many choices and have been left to use iTunes.

Just to give you an example of how bad iTunes is, I was trying to sync some videos on my iPhone and I tried for an hour with different methods (e.g changing different settings, dragging and dropping, making a play list etc...). But then I realised this, iTunes has the following options:

  • On the Summary tab, under options it has check box to say 'Sync only checked songs and videos'
  • On the Music tab, it has a check box called 1) Sync Music, 2) Include Music Video
  • On the Movies tab,  it has a check box called Sync Movies 
Now, in order to sync the videos, which was in the Movies section in the Library, I had to check all of the options in order to get the damn videos on the iPhone. 

I want to know, where on earth does this make any sense ? Why do you need to check all these options? Why can't I just drag and drop the files into the device ? Why can't this just be simple to use ? Why is iTunes so crap ? 

0 comments:

Post a Comment