Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Iphone 4 launching in Australia

I received an email from Optus, a mobile/broadband carrier in Australia, stating that since I had registered to be notified about iPhone 3G (not 3gs) several years ago, they wanted to let me know about the iPhone 4 release.

Hmmmm... so what is odd about this ?

First, I registered for iPhone 3G release in Australia about 2 years ago, not last year. Last year iPhone 3gs was launched. The assumption that Optus has made that I might be interested in the latest iPhone 4 is a long one... very long one.

Secondly, it would have been good if they had double checked their records. If they did do that, they would have found that I am a customer as a iPhone 3gs plan with another year left. Is Optus going to let me get out of the contract ? I doubt it. Shows how little Business Intelligence that Optus has.

Third, reaching back to records 2 years ago may be a sign that Optus is thinking that with the bad publicity of the new iPhone they need to get the word out to as many people as possible.

Thanks for letting me know Optus, I think I would have let you know if I wanted to be informed about the iPhone (like how i registered to get a notification of the iPhone 3g). Regardless of this, I actually can't see why a iPhone 3gs user would make the move to iPhone 4.


Last year, you registered with us for updates on our Apple iPhone 3G launch. So, as an avid iPhone fan, we thought you might like to know that the incredible new Apple iPhone 4 will be available to buy at Optus from 11.59pm this Thursday 29 July.

Switch on the iPhone 4 with a new
Extreme Cap Plan
Click Here for the full range of iPhones and incredible new plans.

Stock is limited, so get in quick!
How to get your hands on an Apple iPhone 4.
1. Go Online - optus.com.au/iphone from 11.59pm on Thursday 29 July. PLUS get an exclusive online bonus until 31 August

2. Call us - 1800 507 308 to speak with our customer service team from 8am on Friday 30 July

3. Go in store – 
to a ‘yes’ Optus shop or retailer from Friday 30 July or register to attend our special midnight launch on the night of
Thursday 29 July
Optus stores opening from midnight
>Sydney – Optus ‘Yes’ Shop George Street
>Brisbane - Optus ‘Yes’ Shop Queen Street
>Melbourne - Optus ‘Yes’ Shop Bourke Street
>Perth – Optus ‘Yes’ Shop Murray Street

0 comments:

Post a Comment