Saturday, March 6, 2010

Scratched Iphone ? there's a fix for that

I know that most of you guys reading this would have applied a case of some sort on your brand spanking new iphone. Whether the case is still on the iphone now is probably a different story, eh ?


Well you're not alone, I'm in your position. When I first got my iPhone 3Gs I left the original plastic protection for about 1-2 weeks till I got my case from ebay. It was one of those plastic cases that protected the side and back and clicked on nicely to the iphone. The front was meant to be covered by a clear plastic stick on, but I didn't get around to applying this.

Now I don't have that many scratches on my iphone, purely because I'm careful in making sure that the phone is not in the same pocket as the keys - left pocket for the iphone and right pocket for the keys. But somehow, with all these measures that I have taken to try and protect the phone from scratches I have still managed to scratch it ... slightly.

If you are in worse position than me, then you should check out this forum post which explains how to fix it.

When I had the 3G, I bought the ZAGG Invisible shield. Oh boy was that a mistake for two reasons:

  1. It is nightmare to get it on... and it doesn't cover the phone completely. There are still gaps, small gaps. 
  2. The corners which are a little annoying, end up sticking to fluff in your pockets and don't end up sticking to your phone... in the end you are left removing the whole thing.
Hope this help...

1 comment: